Protective Life Insurance Company - Unresponsive, uncooperative and unknowledgable customer service clerks
Have been attempting to collect on my deceased dad's annuities for two months.When I requested the claim forms, I was told that it would take 3-5 business days to receive them, however, it actually took 25 days and 4 phone calls before I received them.
I submitted the claim forms on Feb. 28, 2014. Contacted Protective a week later to find out the status of my claim. Was told by clerk that the forms had been filled out erroneously, and was instructed (verbally) on how to correct the forms.
Did so, and faxed them to the company. Received a message via their website that the forms had been approved by their claims dept. and the money would be transferred to my brokerage account in 5-7 days. Called again after 7 days, and was told again that the forms had been filled out wrong.
Explained that I had corrected them per verbal instructions from one of their clerks. Was again instructed on how to correct the forms. Requested that these new verbal instructions be followed up by an email listing the instructions, was told by the clerk that she did not have the capability of email. Also was told that it would be 10-14 days before my money was transferred.
Asked if the instructions could be messaged to me via the website. Was again told that the clerk did not have the capability of messaging. Faxed in the corrected forms, requesting that the receipt of the fax be acknowledged. Have never heard another word from the company.
I am concerned that perhaps Protective Life is having financial difficulties, and therefore is unable to pay me the almost $300K that they owe me.
I am going to ask my estate lawyer to contact them on my behalf.review #480393
You may also like
- "Hello Dear Reader, I came across this site while a claim that I partial filed was pending. I was so busy at the time (and now)...."
- "Great company for health insurance We humans have tendency to think about writing for a company or finding a way to post our frustration online when we are duped or there..."
- "In 2009 Texas lawmakers attempted to impose reasonable regulations on companies that sell questionable or downright bogus financial products to elderly Texans. Under then Texas law, annuities with fixed..."
- "The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years. Bought the two deal special late 2013. Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other..."
- "The flower arragement delivered was far from being the product as displayed on the website. Instead of three birds of paradise, my wife got two anemic irises. There..."
- "John J. Hallinan III runs a website on ebay http://myworld.ebay.com/bigjjstudd, it is based in either Media or Havertown PA. I purchased over $100 worth of classic collectible toys from his site..."
- "they keep stating they refunded it but giant Eagle shows it was not pa ypal site show e bay refunded the sellers refund to mi but pay pal site summery..."
- "BEWARE!!!! these people have been a nightmare! I had a simple move from an apartment to a storage while I go out of state for training. These Morons..."
- "I bought a sofa and love seat from rooms to go Pembroke Pines, Florida. After 14 months, sofa started peeling but love seat is fine. I called RTG customer service..."