Protective Life Insurance Company - Unresponsive, uncooperative and unknowledgable customer service clerks
Have been attempting to collect on my deceased dad's annuities for two months.When I requested the claim forms, I was told that it would take 3-5 business days to receive them, however, it actually took 25 days and 4 phone calls before I received them.
I submitted the claim forms on Feb. 28, 2014. Contacted Protective a week later to find out the status of my claim. Was told by clerk that the forms had been filled out erroneously, and was instructed (verbally) on how to correct the forms.
Did so, and faxed them to the company. Received a message via their website that the forms had been approved by their claims dept. and the money would be transferred to my brokerage account in 5-7 days. Called again after 7 days, and was told again that the forms had been filled out wrong.
Explained that I had corrected them per verbal instructions from one of their clerks. Was again instructed on how to correct the forms. Requested that these new verbal instructions be followed up by an email listing the instructions, was told by the clerk that she did not have the capability of email. Also was told that it would be 10-14 days before my money was transferred.
Asked if the instructions could be messaged to me via the website. Was again told that the clerk did not have the capability of messaging. Faxed in the corrected forms, requesting that the receipt of the fax be acknowledged. Have never heard another word from the company.
I am concerned that perhaps Protective Life is having financial difficulties, and therefore is unable to pay me the almost $300K that they owe me.
I am going to ask my estate lawyer to contact them on my behalf.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Great company for health insurance We humans have tendency to think about writing for a company or finding a way to post our frustration online when we are duped or there..."
- "There are many great places to work in the insurance industry but Bankers Life isn't one of them! If you have a soul, compassion and the desire to provide value..."
- "Today one of their agents showed up at my house---unannounced and unplanned. His phone number is 662-832-9331. This is the second time in 6 months that Combined Ins. agents have..."
- "Um do you check your rice before you import for cheap??? Do you have QC checking this stuff? I just bought a box on Saturday of hamburger helper crunchy..."
- "item arrived in a crushed box and was scratched in the process.I contacted them and sent pictures and was told "we will work it out". they made..."
- "I took my 1970 Chevy Chevelle into the Maaco on 1402 E. Grant. I absolutely love the finished product. I brought it in for an overall paint job, I was..."
- "So this is the second time I've rented from this enterprise in statesboro first time I had no issue other than them not honoring my AAA discount but that was..."
- "I have a Plantation Home. There is a structural leak that Plantation fixed twice to no avail. It ruined the ceiling and table in our breakfast room. ..."
- "Hi, Me and my wife love olive garden restaurants. But after today probably it was our last visit there. Everything start from we was waiting 15 minutes to our server, servers..."