Protective Life Insurance Company - Unresponsive, uncooperative and unknowledgable customer service clerks
Have been attempting to collect on my deceased dad's annuities for two months.When I requested the claim forms, I was told that it would take 3-5 business days to receive them, however, it actually took 25 days and 4 phone calls before I received them.
I submitted the claim forms on Feb. 28, 2014. Contacted Protective a week later to find out the status of my claim. Was told by clerk that the forms had been filled out erroneously, and was instructed (verbally) on how to correct the forms.
Did so, and faxed them to the company. Received a message via their website that the forms had been approved by their claims dept. and the money would be transferred to my brokerage account in 5-7 days. Called again after 7 days, and was told again that the forms had been filled out wrong.
Explained that I had corrected them per verbal instructions from one of their clerks. Was again instructed on how to correct the forms. Requested that these new verbal instructions be followed up by an email listing the instructions, was told by the clerk that she did not have the capability of email. Also was told that it would be 10-14 days before my money was transferred.
Asked if the instructions could be messaged to me via the website. Was again told that the clerk did not have the capability of messaging. Faxed in the corrected forms, requesting that the receipt of the fax be acknowledged. Have never heard another word from the company.
I am concerned that perhaps Protective Life is having financial difficulties, and therefore is unable to pay me the almost $300K that they owe me.
I am going to ask my estate lawyer to contact them on my behalf.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I received a letter dated August 27, 2014, from CoventryOne. They said my policy would end December 31, 2014 and it could not be renewed. I contacted my..."
- "I live in a rule area, I pay state farm $5,000.00 a year. On 5/13/14 a person back into my car in a parking lot, my car wasn't damaged. When..."
- "On April 27, 2013, a young man with heavy boxes on a gurney slammed in to me from behind at Trader Joe's Palm Desert, CA; he did not observe me..."
- "What the heck is this thing in a jar of great value peanuts (roasted and salted)?????..."
- "item arrived in a crushed box and was scratched in the process.I contacted them and sent pictures and was told "we will work it out". they made..."
- "John J. Hallinan III runs a website on ebay http://myworld.ebay.com/bigjjstudd, it is based in either Media or Havertown PA. I purchased over $100 worth of classic collectible toys from his site..."
- "I bought a dual head propane heater just over a year ago and now it is shooting a three foot flame from the head in my cabinet shop I returned..."
- "I have been on the site Originally named VicsBingo.ag. Now that site was fun !! The winnings weren't gigantic like now, but at least you got paid. The play through..."
- "Ordered what appeared to be a gorgeous dress from this site. Unfortunately what I received bore no resemblance to the picture on their website. It can only be described as..."